Saturday, October 4, 2014

Michiko Yamawaki's "DAYDREAMER" Release Party




Last night was the Daydreamer Release Party, a fashion book created by stylist Michiko Yamawaki. She's quite well known in Japan for styling women's fashion magazines such as ViVi and sweet, and also photo books of famous Japanese models. Anyway, she is an amazing stylist. She's the second person from the right in the last photo - isn't she so cute? I do some styling work myself, and it's not that easy! So I have mad respect for stylists. Huge congratulations to Ms. Yamawaki on the publication of Daydreamer!

The book is available on Amazon here.

I had a great time with some of the members of my new agency - models Marie and Hikaru and my 2 managers. One of them wasn't in any of the photos because he was taking them all, bless his soul! They are all great people, and I'm grateful to be able to work with them. Yesterday, I was running around Tokyo going to auditions and other work, so I went for a comfortable outfit in my Topshop cropped top (similar here), Zara skirt (also similar here), and Vans slip-ons (not pictured).  I didn't get a full shot of my outfit last night, but I was wearing a full, midi-length skirt. It is already a favorite item in my wardrobe for fall/winter - planning to pair it with knits, more cropped tops, and even graphic tees.


Do you have a stylist you admire or look up to? Any favorite fashion books you recommend? Let me know in the comments!



Love,

Samantha Mariko






9 comments:

  1. The event looks like so much fun and congrats on the book Michiko Yamawaki.


    itsjustshalay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos! :)

    http://prettylittlefashionistaa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The party look amazing and like lots of fun. The cupcakes look very delicious. :)
    Fashion Happenss

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes she is so cute, and you too as well. Lovely look on a lovely event!

    love,
    http://petiteyeoja.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing, some super amazing pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. the event looks super cool! i remember watching marie on asia's next top model and was so bummed when she got eliminated. i'm so happy how far you've come!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everyone looked so fabulous! What a party! Love your outfit Sam. Really cute cupcakes.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read each and every one!